Introducing the Conservation Charm, proudly supporting Landcare Tasmania. Landcare Tasmania builds capacity in the community to empower people to make a difference and improve the landscape of our environment. Their vision? ‘Simple but ambitious - for all the land and coasts to be cared for by the community.’ With a ‘bottom-up’ approach, Landcare Tasmania focuses on encouraging community ownership of environmental and sustainability problems by becoming actively involved in their solutions.
At Francesca, we are committed to moving one step closer to becoming an environmentally conscious company. That’s why we’re excited to share that by purchasing our Conservation Charm in-store or online, 1 tree will be planted by our Francesca team during our annual tree planting day event!
Landcare Tasmania works throughout lutruwita (Tasmania) to bring groups together to care for and preserve the land and coastlines. Trees will be planted in the cooler months throughout areas of nipaluna (Hobart).
Five reasons we are passionate about supporting Landcare Tasmania:
- They are ‘the peak body that works to represent, support, strengthen and grow Tasmania’s Landcare movement’.
- Over 20,000 trees, plants and shrubs were planted in the past year.
- In 2020, nearly 1% of the Tasmanian population volunteered for Landcare Tasmania's activities. This includes ‘eradicating invasive weeds, revegetating bushland, managing farms to improve sustainability, controlling erosion, cleaning up beaches and much more’.
- Landcare Tasmania runs training programs to educate and empower the community to provide support for hands-on, practical projects.
- They aim to invoke confidence, competence & commitment to improve Tasmania’s water, land, plants and animals.